Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yey! Homework... Not

Ok, so I know most people hate homework but when its Sunday and have about three projects that are due, plus Math and English homework, AND a whole two page Science essay(that you know you should have started a week ago but procrastinated until the last minute) you may get annoyed.

The funny part is that every time I sit down and tell myself that it’s time to work all I can think
of it and old poem I read when I was in second grade(good times):

Homework! Oh, Homework!
I hate you! You stink!
I wish I could wash you away in the sink,
if only a bombwould explode you to bits.
Homework! Oh, homework!
You're giving me fits.

I'd rather take bathswith a man-eating shark,
or wrestle a lionalone in the dark,
eat spinach and liver,
pet ten porcupines,
than tackle the homework,
my teacher assigns.

Homework! Oh, homework!
you're last on my list,
I simple can't see why you even exist,
if you just disappeared it would tickle me pink.
Homework! Oh, homework!
I hate you! You stink!

-Jack Prelutsky

Next on my list of things to do so I can start homework, I think about different stories that people tell me while doing homework, from essays that don’t get saved and have to be redone to my mother biting a poem book and throwing it at the wall, which accompanies my laughter that no one will listen to since most of the time I’m alone.
Then I will innocently going on Facebook to check my Inboxes but will get caught up because someone talks to me and tells me to look at about three YouTube videos that I just have to watch, and before I know it its already two hours later and I haven’t even started my work.
Now it seems I have found a new distraction… blogging so I really should just leave this post and start reading so I will… I guess… after I check my mail… bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment