Sunday, February 21, 2010

Family Dinners

Have you ever hosted a dinner were all your family comes and eats and talks and most of the time stay until late?Well I do, most of my Sundays my grandfather and uncle come to eat, just that today was different. Normally my mom will come up with a new dish to serve and will spend all day long with her hair tied up, a flowery apron on, and a very concentrated, stressed out face.

She’s actually a pretty good cook, she studied in Paris and had to learn how to live by herself (which is why she knows how to cook at all),so she likes to use wine and strange things on the food that will give it a rather strange taste, but it’s still good. Now another thing you should probably know about my mom is that: 1) she hates sugar and 2) She likes to travel, so for the present reasons we never have dessert on our Sunday lunches and this weekend she was visiting some lands she has about two hours from where we live. Now my dad and I have a sweet tooth that seems to run in his family so what we did today was open up an old recipe book and made a Key Lime Pie, but unfortunately as nice as that sounds it’s not good enough for lunch so we had to make some spaghetti which is the only food that doesn’t include sugar, flour and eggs we know how to do at all. So it went well, though we really can’t know if the food is actually good because everyone at the table is to nice to say so especially my grandfather, he will say how good it is and how he had never tasted anything like it about five time(no kidding) while he’s eating which is just a little gross.

A good thing that came out of it was my pie which was just adorable if I may say so myself and absolutely delicious, so I end this post with a picture I took of it. Bon appétit!

2 comments:

  1. Key lime pie!! Yummy! could I put your recipe on my blog? http://lifesandrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete