Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Controversial Music Tuesday

Don’t you just love it when an old song you used to know but never remember the name of comes up on a radio? Then you just have the time to remember a part of the lyrics so when you get home you can Google them and fins the long lost song? No? Oh well, I guess I’m the only freak who does that.

But anyway, this week’s song is one of my favorite songs ever, Its and old song but one I really recommend.


It is sung by the great Madonna! And actually I was doing a little research and the video she made of this song was extremely controversial with the Church and made quite a few top lists like:




  • Topping the MTV's countdown of "100 Videos That Broke The Rules" in 2005, and for the 25th anniversary of MTV (August 1, 2006), viewers voted the video as the "Most Groundbreaking Music Video of All Time".

  • The video was ranked #20 on Rolling Stone magazine's "The 100 Top Music Videos" and #2 on VH1's 100 Greatest Videos.

  • On November 27, 2007 Fuse named "Like a Prayer" as one of its ten "Videos That Rocked The World
I put up the video so you can have your own opinion about it, and FYI if you haven’t guessed yet or really aren’t a Madonna fan, the song is called Like a Prayer!






Also! I almost forgot, if you have read previous posts you can tell I love glee and in its new released episodes they actually sing this song! I liked their version a lot, in fact I’m also going to put it down here so you can listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment